Monday 11 November 2013

Good times in Suburbia

Day 212

Firstly, Happy Remembrance Day!! (Veteran's Day for our neighbours south of the border). Saluting each and every veteran out there. Thank you for our freedom!

So the plan today was to meet my parents in Coquitlam for lunch. I woke up semi early to make pulled pork in the crock pot for tonight's dinner. I am loving my slow cooker! :)

Anyway, we were supposed to hit up Lee's Electronics on the way so that Bobby could exchange something, but Lee's is closed today... so we hit up Coquitlam Centre first so that I could hit up Target to buy some necessities (conditioner, shower curtain liner, electronic toothbrush head replacements.... and reindeer ears for Kiwi/Chaos). The reindeer ears Kiwi absolutely hates so it is likely going back... Anyway, so after the quick 20 minute power shopping trip at Target, Bobby and I met my parents at a new Japanese restaurant near Coquitlam Centre. The food was pretty good. I especially liked how they had specialty rolls similar to the ones in Sushiholic in Vancouver.

After lunch, Bobby and I went back to Coquitlam Centre so that I could pick up my Christmas present from Bobby. Bobby got me a new parka.. I'll be needing a new winter coat for here, but mostly for when we are in New York late next month. I got the Community Paradigm Parka in black from Aritzia. You can shop the blog here: http://aritzia.com/Community-PARADIGM-PARKA/22732,default,pd.html?dwvar_22732_color=1274#start=9 I


I absolutely love this parka... Bring on the rain, Vancouver... I'm ready for you ;)

After the second trip to the mall, we went to my parents' house for a bit to drop off my old desk that I am donating to them.We hung out for a bit but had to leave shortly. We still had a couple of things to do on our to-do list for today and I had to be back at my place at a certain time to check up on the pulled pork. Our next stop was the John B Pub in the west Coquitlam area so that I could pick up two beer advent calendars (one for Bobby and one for my brother). I bought them last year's edition and it was a hit with both of them so I figured I would get them this year's calendar as well. Last year it was craft beer from Europe, and this year it's from North America.... Merry Christmas and bottoms up, guys!

The trunk was pretty full from other things so we had to safely buckle these two giant boxes into the back seat!
My brother is away and I have his spare keys so that I can water his plants and pick up his mail... so we went to his place to drop his beer off. It'll be a nice surprise for when he gets home!

A close up of the 2013 North American Craft Beer advent calendar
Home now, enjoying the aroma of pulled pork slow cooking... watching Friends reruns while relaxing.

I hope everyone had a relaxing, fun, safe and reflective Remembrance Day long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment