Sunday 13 July 2014

Happy birthday Bobby!!!

A recap of Bobby's birthday festivities/Khatsalano Fest 2014

Bobby celebrated his big 2-8 last Thursday. I haven't bought his actual present yet (he needs a new watch, but the one he wants will not be available until the end of the summer). However, I wanted him to be able to open a present. Now if you know Bobby, you would know that nutella is his favorite food group (in Bobby's personalised food group chart) - he is constantly sticking his face in nutella... so I decided to buy him a tub that's actually big enough from him to stick his face in! I bought this 3kg tub at Ninja Bubble Tea for 40$ with tax. I told Bobby to be sure to keep note of when he opens this tub (July 12/14) and when he finishes it (likely two weeks or so away from that date ;) )


I also wanted Bobby to be able to blow out some birthday candles! Cake is a slice of the "chocolate explosion" cake from Whole Foods. I also picked up some super awesome candles (the flame is the same colour as the candle, which unfortunately is not obvious in this picture) from Michael's.


And then in true Bobby fashion, he celebrated his birthday with some Scotch - he finally opened up the bottle of Laphroig I bought him for our anniversary months ago! And that wraps up Thursday night's festivities.


We have a whiteboard on our door where we can write notes (usually along the lines of "Bobby, don't forget your lunch"). Bobby is constantly writing himself "notes from me" though. 


Friday night: I planned to take Bobby to the Keg for his actual birthday dinner. Our friends Brad, Janice and their adorable son recently moved about 10 minutes away from us, so I invited them along. The Keg never disappoints! Steak is always awesome! :)

Whenever I go the Keg, I get a Kiwi-tini. Sorry Kiwi!!
How cute is the kid's menu?! Tinier steaks for tinier people :)
What I like about the Keg (in Coquitlam!) is that they always ask if you are celebrating an event once seated. The first time we visited this restaurant, it was our anniversary. When they find out we were celebrating our anniversary, they gave us dessert! Totally unexpected, but such a sweet gesture! This time, they asked us again, so we mentioned it was for Bobby's birthday. They were so kind, they brought our dessert a good 30 minutes after we finished eating because our server saw how we were all ready to explode!

Warm brownies with ice cream = best dessert idea ever!
Yesterday (Saturday): Bobby opened his tub of nutella. Here's the ceremonial first dip.


We hit up Khatsalano Fest 2014 in the afternoon. I went mainly for the food ;) It was soooo hot and there were lots and lots of people... but we managed to find some square footage in the sidelines where we got to enjoy our poutine, and beaverstails (and chips courtesy of Brad/Ja). We hit up a liquor store afterward to get some refreshing adult beverages... I picked up the Stiegl Radler Grapefruit (the zitrone one is better). We all settled into a park with this awesome view... and we took turns entertaining Luca while he entertained all of us. 


We all had dinner at "Topanga's" after. The food was amazing! We were pretty much sunned out at that point and went home.

Happy birthday Bobby! I love youuuu! Hope you got to enjoy your weekend of festivities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment