Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blogmas Day 3 - Kiwi hits a new all time low

Another day, another morning of checking in on Kiwi. I didn't find her in her hut so I figured she was sleeping under her wheel... Imagine my panic when Kiwi wasn't under her wheel... Or in her cage!! I have exactly 2.5 minutes to check in on Kiwi before leaving for work and "having to find her somewhere in the apartment" likely takes more than 2.5 minutes!!! Fortunately, she was right outside her door. 


Unfortunately, she was cold (even though the heater is constantly on since the temperature has dropped below freezing and the apartment is about 24 degrees). 

At first I thought Kiwi locked herself out (if she opens or pushes her door a lot, the lock slides over and she locks the door by accident), but the door wasn't locked... Sometimes, if Kiwi doesn't push hard enough, she can't open the door (#firstworldhedgieproblems)

I find that Kiwi is slowly turning into Chaos (I guess female hedgehogs also slowly turn into their mothers?!?!). Chaos loved to explore the apartment. If the door was unlocked, that meant you would find Chaos out and about. Sometimes, you would find Chaos sleeping in random places. Chaos also liked to sleep in random places in the cage (under the wheel or water bottle, etc...). When Kiwi was younger, she never left the cage and she always slept in her hut. But as she gets older... She's become more of an explorer (or a dumbass, pick your adjective). Unfortunately, she is not slowly turning more sweet or mild mannered like Chaos - Kiwi is still very much a brat. Luckily she is cute so we'll keep her ;)

Anyway, so I put Kiwi back in her hut with heated floors. I locked her cage so she can't escape and I shoved a rock under her wheel so she can't sleep under it... 

And that's 6:40am on a Wednesday for me!!

Oh and side note: it's been a steady -4 to - 8 degrees C lately... I don't have time to properly dry my hair in the morning.. Found some of my hair frozen while waiting for the train this morning.  How delightful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment