Sunday 8 February 2015

Family Day

So it's Family Day tomorrow so us BC'ers get a long weekend (The rest of Canada has their Family Day next week).

As previously mentioned, I took Friday off so I have an extra long weekend! My mom and I went wedding dress shopping... and I found a dress!! We bought it so I'm glad to have that crossed off my list. I previously bought a plain white dress from Anthropologie... which I am now going to return since I like my wedding dress so much more! :)

So today, we had my family over for Family Day. I made pulled pork (yesterday) and Bobby made pizza - these are our specialties! My mom brought Filipino food and my brother brought spinach dip and a million McDonald's McFlurries for dessert. Seriously, he showed up with NINE. He thought my cousin and his family were also coming, however, they were unable to come tonight because they already had plans... so we had extras:

Only five McFlurries got consumed tonight... which means we have 4 more... ugh!!!!
The first biggest highlight was Kiwi meeting Rupert (my brother's gf's dog). Kiwi was a little bit unsure of Rupert.. and she spiked out and hissed a lot... but she held her own! Rupert was pretty unsure of Kiwi too ;)


The second biggest highlight was getting my family to paint their tiles!!!

My dad painted this mango and hibiscus

My bro and his gf collaborated on the "Starry Night" spinoff at the top right, my mom did the "Bahay Kubo" on the bottom right
Here's the art wall now! We're thinking of adding another row at the top! I know there are still a lot of blank canvasses, but a lot of friends have not painted their tiles yet (we do live out in Suburbia!!)
Today was awesome hanging out with family :)

Tomorrow, Bobby and I are heading into the city for a lunch date... some shopping... also need to return that dress from Anthropologie...

Hope everyone has a great long weekend!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment