Wednesday 4 June 2014

Bad, Kiwi!!

Kiwi has a hedgie door on her cage... so Kiwi runs around the apartment at night. I don't know what kind of shenanigans she gets up to... but she ALWAYS makes a mess. She tracks shavings everywhere she goes. The most shavings is always just outside of her cage... but the shavings get as far as the shelf (the one that Bobby built), and underneath the coffee table, under the dining table... and the front door area. I sometimes leave random treats for her to find and she pretty much gets all of them! Its kind of cute.. I like to think she is running around the apartment looking for her mama (Chaos) but I really don't think she is. And even though its cute she does this.. its also kind of annoying because everyday someone has to clean up after her. I suppose we could just lock the door... but then we would be taking away some of her freedom. She is a free hedgehog after all ;)

Oh yea, if you look close enough on our floors, you can even see Kiwi's teeny tiny paw prints.
A little back story about this door. Bobby originally made a door in Chaos' first cage (it was much smaller, pre-babies). I had to teach Chaos how to use the door... and once she learned how to use the door, she pretty much ran away from home every night. Some nights, she would even find other places to sleep in (under towels/mats/inside a bag I left on the ground/a pile of dirty laundry waiting to be washed). Kiwi (and her sisters) learned how to use the door just by watching their mama. When they were babies, they would run out of their cage and explore their apartment. I was always nervous that we would lose a baby.. but it was never an issue because our apartment was so tiny!

Anyway, so I'm pretty tired. As anticipated, the coffee kicked in and I couldn't fall asleep last night. The last time I checked the time, it was 1:45am and all I could think was "dammit, I need to be up in a few hours" :(
Surprisingly, I was not that tired in the morning. I managed to wake up on time, and be on time for work (even though the train was running a little bit behind). I did start to get nauseous towards the end of the day though... and I was pretty exhausted on the way home. Just going to take it easy at home. Going to clean up a bit, eat some left over yummy enchiladas... and hit the hay at a reasonable hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment