Sunday 25 January 2015

A Sunday to Remember

Recently, I decided to try out PiYo at BeachYoga (a studio close to my house). I love the place I currently go to (the teacher is AWESOME) but I just crave more and more PiYo each week and it is only offered twice a week at my current studio... so I decided to branch out.

PiYo at Beach Yoga was okay - I sweat A LOT. The teacher said the room was not heated, but it was so hot in the room! The only thing I didn't like was the music - all the tracks were quite slow... so it didn't even get you pumped up. Kim (the instructor from the other studio) uses fun, fast tracks like this one (Side note - "Be Okay" by Oh Honey is my new happy song).

Anyway, so PiYo was at 9:30am so I was home by 10:40 ish or so... I chilled for a bit.. then showered so we could go out for lunch. After lunch, Bobby dropped me off at home because he was on the hunt for a tool chest... I had a lot of things I wanted to get done at home... and shopping for tool chests just didn't sound fun.. so off he went. He came back a couple of hours later with half of the tool chest because it obviously wouldn't all fit in the car (even though he took my car, the hatchback).

So Bobby came back with the lower half of the tool chest (this is the bigger piece of the two pieces). We managed to get it into the apartment just fine. Then Bobby went back to Costco to pick up the top half.


Now, allegedly 4 Costco employees helped Bobby load the car for the bottom part of the tool chest. The bottom piece is probably about 350 pounds (boxed). The top piece is 150 lbs (boxed). After both pieces were in the apartment, Bobby unboxes them... and then looks at me and say he needs help putting the top half on top. Hahahahaha is all I can say. I mean I am very short. I am only 5'3" and the bottom part is 3 and a half feet tall... and Bobby expects me to lift almost 150 lbs over 3.5 feet in the air?!?!?!?!? It was insanity. And the whole time I am panicking that we will drop this and someone will get injured!!

But.. since I am the only other person in the apartment, there was no one else Bobby got tag into this situation. So I put my big girl panties on and brainstormed the plan of how we could get this damn thing where it was supposed to go.

The first step was lifting it about a foot and a half onto our coffee table. Our coffee table is old and metal and I hate it... But its super durable (it used to be Bobby's "workbench" in our old apartment)... so I knew it would hold up. The next problem was getting another 2 feet in the air... At this point, my stress level was at 110. I mean, like wtf. Bobby kept saying, just lift it with your legs. But my legs are tired from PiYo and I didn't trust that they wouldn't buckle from all that pressure and weight!! I mean seriously... 150lb is clearly heavier than me!! Haha... So, I regrouped and devised another plan. We used our couch arm chair as leverage/a spotting location. We pushed the top half of the tool chest completely on the arm of the couch. Then Bobby, lifted one side all the way to the top of the bottom half, while I held the other side down (with lots and lots of spotting from my couch by the way). Then we traded spots. I then held the top of the tool chest in place while Bobby lifted the other side up... insert lots of fixing here... et voila:


All I can say is, I deserve some sort of medal for this.

1 comment:

  1. I can make you a medal out of the scrap steel I brought home ... But seriously, thanks for being the best fiance ever!

    ReplyDelete